Milwaukee Career College is excited to announce that our Veterinary Technician program has been approved and accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)!!
Accreditation by the AVMA Council on Education (COE) and Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA) represents the highest standard of achievement for veterinary medical education in the United States. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review. Accreditation is a process by which an educational institution or program submits to a voluntary, non-governmental review to determine whether it meets accepted standards of quality.
In brief, AVMA accreditation of veterinary medical programs and institutions assures:
- prospective students that they will meet a competency threshold for entry into practice, including eligibility for professional credentialing and/or licensure;
- assures that graduates have achieved specified learning goals and are prepared to begin professional practice;
- faculty, deans and administrators that their programs measure satisfactorily against national standards and their own stated missions and goals;
- the public that public health and safety concerns are being addressed; and
- the veterinary profession that the science and art of veterinary medicine are being advanced through contemporary curricula.