Milwaukee College Scholarships and Higher Education Grants
DREAM. ACHIEVE. SUCCEED. SCHOLARSHIP
The awarding of the Dream. Achieve. Succeed. Scholarship is based on demonstrated scholastic achievement and potential for success in the students chosen field of work. Success in the program is the student’s responsibility. The scholarship does not apply until student has successfully completed original program.
The scholarship award is for tuition only. The award will be for the amount of gap payment and will not be greater than $1,000.00 established prior to the program start date. No credit balance will be awarded to the student. This scholarship carries its own set of eligibility criteria and procedures.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a Milwaukee Career College Diploma Program.
- The scholarship can only be awarded once to any recipient and cannot be applied toward any current financial assistance.
- The applicant must fill out the application packet provided by Milwaukee Career College and include a letter of recommendation along with their essay. Once complete, it should be hand-delivered or mailed in entirety to Milwaukee Career College.
- The Dream. Achieve. Succeed. Scholarship award will only be given upon the successful completion of the student’s program. The student will be responsible for payment if they are dropped or withdraw from the program.
- The Milwaukee Career College Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients. Their decision will be final.
The award may be terminated at any time by the college for misrepresentation of documents, or violation of published school policy. All application materials must be received on or before the specified date on the application. Incomplete or late applications will be disqualified.
- A written scholarship application form provided by Milwaukee Career College. Be sure to sign the bottom of the last page, declaring all information is true and accurate.
- An essay explaining your career goals, the importance of furthering your education, and how this scholarship will benefit you.
- The Scholarship Recommendation form in addition to a letter of recommendation explaining why you should be considered for the Dream. Achieve. Succeed. Scholarship award.
TO APPLY FOR THE DREAM.ACHIEVE.SUCCEED SCHOLARSHIP:
- Download and print the scholarship in PDF form by clicking HERE (Form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Fill out the scholarship application form and submit all other required documents and information as required
- Hand deliver or mail signed copy to Milwaukee Career College
MELINDA WILKES MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
This annual scholarship honors the memory of our friend and colleague, Ms. Melinda “Mindy” Wilkes. The Milwaukee Career College Melinda Wilkes Memorial Scholarship honors the legacy of Mindy Wilkes, her dedication, remarkable generosity and lifelong commitment to education. Mindy was known for her enthusiasm regarding her profession and life. The scholarship was established to keep her memory alive and support students who exemplify the characteristics she possessed. “From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.” In awarding this scholarship, Milwaukee Career College does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability. This scholarship carries its own set of eligibility criteria and procedures. In general, however, all application materials must be received by Milwaukee Career College on or before the specified date each year. Incomplete or late applications will be disqualified. The deadline is September 1st of the current calendar year.
Awarded to an individual who will attend Milwaukee Career College based on demonstrated scholastic achievement and above-average potential for success in their chosen field of work. Recipient shall be of good character and have a record of good citizenship and community service.
- Consideration will be given for career and/or academic achievement and community service
- The student must meet established criteria to be eligible for scholarship
- The scholarship award is for tuition only. The award will be for the amount of tuition established prior to the program start
- The award may be terminated at any time by the donors for misrepresentation of documents or violation of published school policy
- Program success is student’s responsibility; scholarship does not guarantee diploma or certification
- Applicants must submit a copy of his or her transcript results of the latest year of study or an official copy of his or her GED
- References and completed reference written forms must accompany the application
- Each applicant must submit an essay addressing how he or she believes access to higher education will influence his or her life
- Applicants must comply with the admission requirements for a full-time student
- Applicants must enroll in a Milwaukee Career College diploma program
- Applicant must be enrolled within 90 days of notification of award. Course of study is the student’s choice
- The scholarship can only be awarded once to any recipient and cannot be applied toward any current financial assistance
- Current MCC board members will select scholarship recipients. Their decision will be final
TO APPLY FOR THE MILWAUKEE COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP:
- Download and print the scholarship in PDF form by clicking HERE (Form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) OR Download and print the scholarship in Microsoft Word form by clicking HERE
- Hand deliver or mail signed copy to Milwaukee Career College
Other Milwaukee College Scholarships:
ONEIDA TRIBE OF INDIANS OF WISCONSIN
The Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin Higher Education Grant can award up to $20,000 per academic year. Yearly funds are subject to change and are based on federal and tribal allocations. Funding will be based on the Oneida Higher Education academic year of August 1 to July 31. The intent of the Oneida Higher Education award is to provide “supplemental” educational grant monies. It is not intended to replace annual income or meet total personal/household expenses. The award is based on school expenses as determined by each individual college/university.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Be an enrolled member of the Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin
- Have a high school diploma, HSED or GED
- Be accepted into a diploma or degree seeking program at an accredited college, university or vocational college within the United States
- Must have a complete Oneida Higher Education student file
Request more information or speak to an administration representative to learn more about the scholarship opportunities at Milwaukee Career College today!