Get a Surgical Technology Associates Degree in less than 2 years!
**Contact us now to get enrolled in our June 25th evening class!**
Do you have a great attention to detail and a desire to work in the medical field? Then consider choosing the Surgical Technology Program at Milwaukee Career College! Our Surgical Technology program prepares students to work directly with surgeons to perform a variety of tasks before, during and after surgery.
Surgeons rely on Surgical Technologists to provide superior patient care in the operating room (OR). Some of the common tasks they perform include:
- Ensuring the OR has been disinfected and all surgical instruments have been properly sterilized
- Setting up surgical supplies and equipment before operation
- Handing and receiving surgical instruments and supplies to and from the medical team
- Accounting and keeping track of all surgical instruments
- Ensuring proper sterilization techniques during operation
- Disinfecting the OR post-op
Join a growing field
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Surgical Technologists is expected to grow 30 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations. As of May 2012, the median wage for Surgical Technologists was $41,790 per year, or $20.09 an hour!