Get a Veterinary Associate Degree in less 2 Years!
If you have a passion for helping animals, then our Veterinary Technician training program is for you! Milwaukee Career College prepares students to work directly with veterinarians to perform medical tests and treatments in a wide variety of work environments such as veterinary clinics, shelters and animal hospitals.
Veterinarians rely on Veterinary Technicians to provide superior animal care in their facilities. Some of the most common tasks they perform include:
- Observing the behavior and condition of animals
- Providing nursing and/or emergency care to injured or recovering animals
- Collect laboratory samples for testing
- Taking and developing animal x-rays
- Preparing animals and equipment for surgery
- Administer medications, vaccines, and treatments prescribed by a veterinarian
- Collecting and recording the history of patients’ previous medical history