Train for a new career as a Veterinary Assistant in less than a year!
If you have a passion for caring for animals, then our Veterinary Assistant program is for you! Milwaukee Career College prepares students to work directly with animals in a wide variety of work environments such as veterinary clinics, shelters and animal hospitals.
Veterinary Assistants are responsible for the overall well-being of animals under their care, and perform a number of routine tasks under the supervision of a veterinarian. Some of these tasks include:
- Monitoring and Caring for animals after surgery
- Maintaining surgical equipment
- Helping to provide emergency first aid to sick or injured animals
- Giving medication or immunizations prescribed by the veterinarian
- Weighing, taking temperatures, feeding and bathing animals in their care
- Collecting samples for testing by the veterinarian
Why Choose Veterinary Assistant Training
“The hands-on training that I got with MCC helped me prepare for my career.” – Jenilee Orlowski
Some important qualities found in a good Veterinary Assistant include:
- Compassion – Animals and their owners need to be treated with kindness and empathy.
- Attention to Detail – Veterinary assistants play a role in the medical treatment of animals. For this reason, it’s important that instructions are followed exactly as given by the veterinarian to ensure the well-being of animals in their care.
- Good Physical Health – Veterinary assistants must be able to lift some heavier animals, and restrain others during examinations. Being in good physical condition will make performing such tasks much easier.
Why Professionals Recommend Veterinary Assistant Training with MCC
“We have had several externs from Milwaukee Career College. They were of the highest caliber. I enjoyed working with and training them.” – Perry Colorosa
Want to learn about becoming a Veterinary Assistant?
Call today at 800-645-5157!
A Special Thanks…
Milwaukee Career College would like to extend a special thanks to the folks at Cozy Nook Farms. The generous owners give our veterinary program students an opportunity to work with large cattle as a part of their studies.
Cozy Nook Farms is a fun little place that with a Fall Market (pumpkins and colorful gourds), Christmas trees for sale, and farm tours!