Prepare for A Career As A Dental Assistant in Months!
There are few things that play such a huge role in our social nature than that of our smiles. Big ones, little ones, young ones and old ones, smiles are a major part of who we are and having a healthy, beautiful smile makes you feel good inside and out.
Knowing that, it should come as no surprise that Dental Assisting has become a highly-sought after career by career college students all over America.
Bureau of Labor Statistics on Dental Assistant Careers
According to the US Government’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, the median salary range for all dental assistants was $33,470 per year, or $16.09 per hour!
Studies linking dental health to overall general health are leading to a far greater number of dental practices than ever before. Because of this, Dental Assistant jobs are expected to increase by 31% between 2010-2020, that’s almost 91,600 new jobs, much faster than the average growth for most job fields!
What Does a Dental Assistant Do?
Dental Assistants play a critical role in a dental office, fulfilling many administrative, patient service, and chair-side tasks for their supervising dentist. Some of these things include:
- Preparing patients for procedures and treatments
- Caring for Dental Instruments
- Preparing Instruments and Materials for Treatments
- Assisting the Dentist During Procedures and Treatments
Have more questions about training as a Dental Assistant?
Here are some resources to help you decide if training as a dental assistant is the right choice for you:
- Growing Need for Dental Assistants
- The Go-To School For Milwaukee Dental Assistant Training
- How To Get Started In Dental Assisting Field
- Dental Assistant’s Role In Patient Care